Seattle First Hill/CAPITOL Hill Urban Center Plan
Seattle, WA / ONGOING
Seva is working with the Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development (OPCD) and a team of consultants to create the First Hill/Capitol Hill Urban Center Plan, for which Seva is leading land use and housing analysis. The analysis will look at place-specific policies and the ability to focus investment and implementation tools guided by community interests.
The First Hill/Capitol Hill Urban Center Plan considers and integrates the following:
- A collective 20-year vision
- Environment, Climate Change, and adaptation to improve health equity and ecology
- Public services to ensure facilities we plan for are consistent with growth
- Economic considerations for a thriving local economy
- Housing to meet future needs and avoid displacement
- Land use and development patterns for long term resilience
Along with Seattle’s other designated urban centers—Northgate, Uptown, South Lake Union, Downtown, and the University District—First Hill and Capitol Hill are home to a significant share of Seattle’s residents and workers. The First Hill/Capitol Hill Urban Center Plan will identify a refreshed community vision and supporting neighborhood-specific strategies to prepare for future growth and investment. Informed by robust community engagement, these strategies will reflect the community’s values, challenges, opportunities, and goals.
Expected in 2025, the Capitol Hill/First Hill Urban Center Plan will support the City’s efforts to make Seattle’s neighborhoods more equitable, vital, and resilient over the next 20 years.